Some material in this article may contain graphically explicit material; this may upset certain viewers.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
“We have no sympathy in killing humans who have no respect for other people's lives."
Seung Hui-Cho (January 18th, 1984 – April 16th, 2007) was a Korean-American school shooter who committed the Virginia Tech Shooting in Blacksburg, Virginia on April 16th, 2007.
Virginia Tech Shooting
Responsible for the deaths at Virginia Tech University, Cho killed 32 people and injured 25 others on April 16th, 2007.
The massacre happened in 2 places, in between a 2-hour interval. First, at his dorm, he fatally shot a resident and an RA student. Some time later, he sent a package, with his videos and manifesto in it to a post office, meant to be received by the NBC.
The second part of the attack was more carefully planned. Cho chained all the main exit doors shut, preventing any form of escape. He also left a note warning that if anyone tries to break open the door, a bomb would explode. During this wave of attack, Cho killed 30 students and staff members, with some people killed behind even locked doors. Of all the deaths, 28 were shot in the head.
Cho also used hollow point bullets, which is why there were so many deaths, with this massacre being the second worst in US history, after the Bath School Disaster perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe.
As law enforcement broke through the chains, Cho shot himself. His face was horrifically disfigured from the hollow point bullet that ended his life.
List of Victims
This is a list of educators who had died in the shootings. Four of the victims were male and one was female. The victim's names are followed by their date of birth, and their age at the time that they were killed.
- Jamie Bishop, German instructor - November 9, 1971 (35 years)
- Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, professor of French - February 17, 1958 (49 years)
- Kevin Granata, professor of Engineering - December 29, 1961 (45 years)
- Liviu Librescu, professor of Engineering - August 18, 1930 (76 years)
- G. V. Loganathan, professor of Engineering - April 8, 1954 (53 years)
This is a list of students who had died in the shootings. In total, 27 students were killed. 16 of the victims were male and 18 were female. The victim's names are followed by their date of birth, and their age at the time that they were killed.
- Ross Alameddine - September 16, 1986 (20 years)
- Brian Bluhm - July 19, 1981 (25 years)
- Ryan Clark - May 29, 1984 (22 years)
- Austin Cloyd - April 24, 1998 (18 years)
- Daniel Perez Cueva - January 5, 1986 (21 years)
- Matthew Gwaltney - December 11, 1982 (24 years)
- Caitlin Hammaren - May 4, 1987 (19 years)
- Jeremy Herbstritt - November 6, 1979 (27 years)
- Rachael Hill - July 17, 1988 (18 years)
- Emily Hilscher - June 2, 1988, (18 years)
- Matthew La Porte - November 20, 1986 (20 years)
- Jarrett Lane - March 28, 1985 (22 years)
- Henry Lee - November 21, 1986 (20 years)
- Partahi Lumbantoruan - April 26, 1972 (34 years)
- Lauren McCain - December 20, 1986 (20 years)
- Daniel O'Neil - May 9, 1984 (22 years)
- Juan Ortiz - February 4, 1981 (26 years)
- Minal Panchal - July 17, 1980 (26 years)
- Erin Peterson - August 17, 1988 (18 years)
- Michael Pohle Jr. - October 15, 1983 (23 years)
- Julia Pryde - September 7, 1983 (23 years)
- Mary Karen Read - January 30, 1988 (19 years)
- Reema Samaha - June 23, 1988 (18 years)
- Waleed Shaalan - 1975 (32 years)
- Leslie Sherman - April 9, 1987 (20 years)
- Maxine Turner - January 15, 1985 (22 years)
- Nicole White - August 23, 1986 (20 years)